Get Out Alive!
- Make a home escape plan
- Practice exit drills
- Look for “Two Ways Out”
Home Escape Planning
If a fire breaks out in your house, it is very important that everyone knows what to do. Sit down with your family and draw a floor plan of your home… While every home is different, there are some things that all home fire escape plans have in common.
Your family’s home fire escape plan needs to show:
- All of the rooms in your home
- Two ways out of every room
- At least one smoke alarm in or near each sleeping area and on each level of your home
- A meeting place outside the home (mailbox, end of driveway, etc.)
- A path from each room to the meeting place
- The phone number of your local fire department
- Millville Fire Department- Dial 911