The Millville Fire Department is dedicated to providing high quality, professional services to those who live, work, invest, and/or visit our city; protecting lives and property from fire and harm through continuous fire prevention, education, code enforcement, emergency, and non-emergency services.
It is the responsibility of each firefighter to support the mission by subscribing to the following values:
To our Community:
- We recognize that the community is the reason for our presence.
- We value the faith and trust of the community, and continually work to deserve that confidence through our attitude, conduct, and accomplishments.
- Lives are more valuable than property.
- The safety of the public is of paramount importance, followed closely by the safety of our members.
As a Department:
- We strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Honesty, fairness, and integrity will not be compromised.
- We continually seek effectiveness, efficiency, and economy.
- Unity and teamwork are stressed as being to our mutual advantage asindividuals and as an organization.
- Members are continually encouraged to improve themselves as individuals and firefighters.
- The free exchange of ideas is encouraged.
- We will provide professional and courteous service at all times.
- We are sensitive to changing community needs.